Membrane filtration is an efficient process for the industrial and mining wastewater treatment and reuse, industrial and domestic sewage bioreactor, leachate, industrial process water. The ceramic membranes allow the reuse of liquid resources such as electrophoretic coating paint bath (e-coat), caustic soda, sulfuric acid recovery, detergent and other spent chemicals. The filtration systems are cost efficient and fully automized to be used for metal and coating industry, removal of pollutants and oily water separator. The applications however also include the maritime industry, shipboard bilge water and marine scrubber. For drinking water, ground water or surface water treatment, sea water desalination pre-treatment to reverse osmosis.
In order to face the daily challenges of communities or companies in this area, we offer sustainable and eco-responsible membrane filtration solutions that have been proven to be effective, reliable, and competitive. Some of the ceramic membranes we incorporate are tubular shaped filters with asymmetric structure and are unique in their design and manufacture. Other, complementary membrane ranges meet most industrial applications and water treatment requirements.
What makes Ceramic Membranes unique?
- Ability to withstand temperatures up to 150°C (300°F)
- High strength materials of construction
- Compatibility with harsh chemicals (oxidizers, extreme acid or caustic, solvents, etc.)
- Ability to withstand high concentrations of oil and solids
- Reliable filtration performance
- High durability module: housings available in a variety of materials, gaskets available in different types of elastomers
- Long working life
Key technologies and expertise of Equa Process in this field of membrane filtration:
- Ceramic and polymeric membranes, microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, pervaporation, chemical engineering, cross-flow filtration, and dead-end filtration.
- Integration of downstream and upstream process equipment (chemicals treatment, pre-filters, reverse osmosis, etc.).
- Separation function: filtration, clarification, concentration, and purification.
- Turn-key filtration system.
- Recycling waste water, industrial & domestic water
- Recycling liquid resources
- Catalyst for refining
- Industrial laundry water treatment and recycling
- Degreasing bath treatment
- Metal and mineral recovery
- Biotechnologies based on industrial fermentation (amino acid, vitamin, enzyme, antibiotic, yeast)
- Development of sugar and starch derivatives (sugar juice, glucose syrup, high-fructose corn syrup)
- Beverages (wine, lees, grape must, juice, beer, dairy products and derivatives, spring water)
- Design of natural foodstuffs (algae, seaweed extract, polyphenol, alternative protein source, concentration of aroma …).
- Industrial fermentation-based biotechnologies (organic acid, diol, etc.)
- Bio-based products or related to the circular bioeconomy (biofuel, lignin derivatives, hemi-cellulose, algae, etc.)
- Chemical products and renewable chemical platforms (organic pigment, alcohol dehydration, inorganic compounds, etc.)
- Pharmaceuticals and fine chemistry (solvent regeneration, antibiotics, vaccines, etc.)
Long-time Proven Membranes
Membranes are flat-sheets installed in modules with plates.
- Easy to maintain: each plate is individually removable
- High durability
From Functional Membrane Materials to Integrated Filtration Skid Systems
Equa Process designs, builds, and operates industrial equipment based on membrane filtration processes in either a customized or standardized approach.
- Solutions provider with packaged services from process design (proof of concept, feasibility, front end engineering study, and demonstration studies) to project development (engineering and design, procurement, fabrication and commissioning) and operations (on-site maintenance, continuous assistance).
- Competitive offerings including integrated packages from membrane materials and full package filtration skid to meet customers’ industrial performance needs.