Diameter Drumsorter – ST
The fruit and vegetable drum sorter is designed to grade circular fruit and vegetable. The very sturdy design can be adapted in screen mesh size to accommodate specific sizes of potatoes, beet, garlic, onions, mushrooms, berries, apples, peaches or any circular farm produce.
The drum sorting machine uses a rotating drum with wire mesh openings, so the product is sorted according to size during the transport from the infeed to discharge of the continuous processing unit.
The fruit and vegetable diameter drum sorters are suitable for selecting a minimum of three sizes. The initial 2 vegetable sizes falling through the screen and the last “oversize” discharging at the end.. The fruit drum sorter can also be equipped with unlimited sorting and corresponding transport belts to pack the selected fruits.
Advantages of Marcelissen drum sorter
- The vegetables are handled very delicately to prevent any damage to the fruit or vegetables
- The machine is made of highest quality materials to ensure long lifecycle of operation
- the food grade design allows CIP cleaning processes to prevent contamination of produce
- The automatic control allows for low operational control and continuous operation to reduce labor requirements
- The sorting machine can be mechanically and electrically adjusted to specific fruit and vegetable types or harvests