Mobile, Stationary PM-Separator Unit & Additional Equipment
The PaulMichl Separation Press is an ingeniously simple dewatering unit. The secure and leak-proof construction makes a sturdy unit for continuous or intermittent operation at the barn or mobile on site. The low rotational speed and easily adjustable operation allows for best possible energy efficiency for the dewatering application. The complete operational systems include all peripheral equipment for the separation process. The dewatering mobile units are easily towed to any location and immediately ready the separation task.
The PaulMichl dewatering press separates the fine liquid components from the fibrous and suspended solids in the liquid biomass feed. The biosolids product is pumped into the housing where an internal screw presses the fibrous material towards the solids discharge. The mechanical pressure forces the liquid and fine solids through the filtering housing elements. The centrate is captured in the housing and drains into the piping or pump. The pressure lid on the opening regulates the pressure of the discharging solids and regulates the dry solid concentration of the final solids. The fibrous material is dry enough to be re-used for bedding or processed into organic manure.
Dewatering and maintenance is simple and time saving. The low-speed high torque separation process ensures longevity of the parts and long life of the equipment. The low number of wear parts can easily be interchanged during routine maintenance inspections.
The solid liquid separation unit is assembled to a turn-key system ready to be transported to remote locations or lagoons and immediately start operation. The robust hot dip galvanized base frame supports all components for an automated operation and allows for high accessibility for inspection or maintenance.
The continuous operation of the dewatering system is made possible by the automatic control and regulation unit. The control panel is simple to use and includes instrument control and frequency converter for the feed pump adjustment. The big advantage of the compact design is that the set-up time of the dewatering separator takes only a few minutes once positioned on site. The separator is fed by a self-priming progressive cavity pump which is designed to handle a large variety of sludge types and solid concentrations. The press centrate water is discharged by means of a free outflow. The mobile unit of the PM200-Compact series is offered with a throughput capacity of approx. 50 and 80 gpm. The sieve drum size can be selected with 1/32 or 2/32 to accommodate process expectations and suspended solid. When using the solid material as bedding, a dry matter content of up to 30% can be achieved through special equipment features of the separator. This allows the solids to be scattered directly after the separation process.
- PM200 capacity approx. 50 – 80 gpm (depending on the medium to be separated)
- PM260 capacity approx. 90 – 140 gpm (depending on the medium to be separated)
- PM300 capacity up to 250 gpm (depending on the medium to be separated)
- Stainless steel press conveyor and 1/32 sieve drum
- Adjustable ejector regulator
- Gear motor 6 hp
- Feeding pump: PG screw pump with gear motor 4 hp / 8 hp incl. pressure and temperature monitoring
- Control unit: Control cabinet weatherproof, fully wired and tested, operating hours counter, 230 V socket with FI circuit breaker, 32 Amp. power supply connection, frequency converter for feed pump, monitoring safety device
- Weight approx. 1600 lbs
Advantages Compact Unit
- Robust base frame for easy handling and transport of the separate
- Easy placement of the separator at the desired location (optimal when separating from two or more pits)
- Lifting lugs for loading with a front loader or tele loader
- Control with frequency converter available
- Built-in leakage monitoring
Rental and Dewatering Service Provider
Rent: Our mobile dewatering units are also available as rental units for the operation on site. The fully equipped units are easily transported to site for use in remote locations or directly at lagoons.
Service provider: De-sludging service includes the complete operation and support for a de-sludging of a lagoon or solids pit.